Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's Raining Books!

Who needs an umbrella when books are falling from the sky? I received a nice email from  Eva Etzioni-Halvey, asking me if I would review her book, "The Triumph of Deborah". Of course I said yes, and in just a couple of days, it was on my doorstep. (Thank you Amazon) I also won "Matrimony" over at Naked Without Books (woo hoo, me!) and I had lunch with my bookish friend, who loaded me up with about 30 new hardbacks. My TBR pile is reaching a tipping point and my husband is about to open a store! As anyone who reads, or knows me, is aware, I love books. I love the smell, I love having them around, and I have a terrible time getting rid of any of them. Does anyone else have this problem? I know I should share, or at least donate them, or sell them. Heck, if I had a sale, I could pay off my Visa and buy more books....hmmm. I have quite a few signed copies that I cannot loan out or part with, I have my favorite series all lined up like good little soldiers, I have some that I have thrown across the room, from frustration, and I have lots that I just like. So do I build more shelves or do I have a sale? How many is too many? What do you think??

Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I have about 200 waiting to be read, but still get more. Lately I have been giving away lots of books after I read them. I joined Bookcrossing.com and that has helped me 'free' my books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I managed to collect over 2,000 books. I finally realized that I was spending more time trying to track them all than reading themand I had one whole room devoted to them that I needed for my home office. So last October I bit the bullet and donated 33 boxes to my local library and started selling the rest on Amazon Marketplace. I've made over $7,000 so far. It was hard to part with them at first but I am learning to read them and then pass them to a friend or sell them and now I enjoy visiting my local library every few weeks and collecting the ones I will read next!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no such thing as too many books, but I'm sure my tune will change when I have to move them all to Seoul in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bybee hasn't seen my house. I love my books, though. I'm surrounded by them and I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete