Monday, December 28, 2009

Aftermath

So Christmas was a quiet affair, the grandkids are in Florida with their Dad, but for the first time in 10 years, I had both of my kids home for the holidays. That was my gift! The Boy got his Dad a Wii, and the Man couldn't have been happier. With the economy being the was it is, we decided not to exchange gifts, but did get a couple of movies and some accessories for the game.

No books for me! I hit the library site and put some books on hold, so I will have some reading coming up. Doesn't it just kill you to see the numbers on the wait-list? You are 149 for this book, you are number 372 for this book....so I went with some older books, with much better success.

Had to take Jack to the Animal E R on Saturday at midnight. He decided to explore the bag that held the stuff for the kids stockings when they return. He carefully opened a tube of Hershey kisses and ate them all. The funny thing was he unwrapped each one and left a pile of foil on the bed. So off we went, racing down the road, to the vet. He got a shot that made him barf and when the vet came out, he said "There was a lot of chocolate, but the weirdest thing, there were no wrappers!" We explained that the tidy boy had unwrapped each Kiss, and the vet could not believe it. He just shook his head. So Jack, feeling better, fell asleep, and slept for 12 hours. Of course, I had to constantly watch him to make sure all was okay, and I got very little sleep. He is right as rain now so ..WHEW!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and will have a safe and happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. whew! glad to hear that your puppy is okay after the chocolate debacle! that's so cute that he unwrapped the kisses. growing up, we had a dog (cocker spaniel) that would unwrap her own christmas gifts!

    happy to hear you enjoyed a nice holiday with your children. :) here's to a wonderful 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Jack is ok after his ordeal but I have to say I'm in awe of him for his ability to unwrap the chocolates. Fantastic dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....so sorry about the Hershey Kisses experience. Our family had a dog who ate 2 butterscotch cream pies that were cooling one year around Thanksgiving...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack is very talented and cute.
    Happy New Year...I hope you get to do lots of reading and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your doggie is okay. Hilarious that he unwrapped the kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas now over with for another year, it's time for me to wish you a Happy New Year. Best wishes for 2010, I hope it will be filled with lots of love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:39 AM

    What a great resource!

    ReplyDelete