Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Just for Kinky Fun

I re-read "Armadillos and Old Lace" by Kinky Friedman yesterday, and I still love it! I have always been a huge fan and remembered just how much when I read this.

Kinky is back in detective form, when he is back at the ranch in Texas, little old ladies are being killed on their 76th birthdays. No one connects the deaths, until Kinky gets on the case. When yellow roses are found on the graves, Kinky follows the sweet smell.

I love this character, I love his music (with the Texas Jew Boys) and I hope he becomes Governor of Texas! If I lived there I would be voting for him....Twice!!

This is part of a series, and if you love home spun fun, this book is for you.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:30 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like so much fun. I've never read Kinky's books; I remember when he was running for governor of Texas though- he sounds like quite a character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read anything by this author, though I've always gotten a kick out of his name. This sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete