Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wrinkles, Waistlines and Wet Pants

For women of a certain age, this is the funniest book you will read for a long time. I giggled, laughed, chortled, guffawed, and blew coffee out my nose ( and yes, I peed a little). Jeanne Kraus has written what we are all thinking, getting older both sucks but there are a few advantages (hunky paramedics anyone?).

She goes through many scenarios, and leaves it up to the reader to decide what is true and what is exaggerated, which is also a fun game to play while you read. She covers trying to make yourself over, and ending up looking like "crap in a hat", injuries (I can relate), memory issues, and so many of the things that plague us as older women.

The illustrations are done by her sister, Diana R Arneson, and they are cute as can be.

A teen probably will not get most of this book, but us gals with some experience under our belts will have a blast with it! If you have a sister, aunt, even a mom over 50, get this book for them, and get one for yourself, you won't regret anything but the wet pants!

I received this book from the author, via Bostick Communications. Thank you!!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for this book review. Laughing is good, especially about getting older since we can't stop the process. I really connect with the injury part, of course, and the good looking EMTs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by via the hop! I hope you have a great weekend!

    Rachel
    And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your review and will add to my TBR! Have a great weekend.

    Enter My Got Books? Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just Hopping by - I'm a new follower :). I'm giving away an ARC of Lauren Kate's Torment, plus seven other books on my blog so do check that out if you decide to stop by.
    Have a great weekend,
    Carly x

    http://carlybennett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, *waves* visiting in th spirit of the hop! Your blog is absolutely too cute <3 Sure to stop by some other time too! Happy Reading and have a great weekend!

    Take Care,
    Lisa (Badass Bookie)
    http://badassbookie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping by from It's Time to Read! My current read is Last Chance by Sarah Dessen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you, just stopping by on the hop and follow. Have a great weekend. Happy Reading!!!
    See ya!
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you, just stopping by on the hop and follow. Have a great weekend. Happy Reading!!!
    See ya!
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from the HOP! This sounds hysterical.

    Also I love your blog design. It is so unique.

    Hope you can come by for a visit at LibrarysCat Book List or my more specialized blog Holocaust Resources.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete