Monday, November 09, 2009

Prince Harming Syndrome

Karen Salmansohn has written a funny, interesting book about how to avoid those bad boys (we all love) the Prince Harming. We have to go through a few of them on the road to our Prince Charming.

She uses her own experiences with Mr. Wrong, some of which made me laugh out loud. I guess I am lucky, that I lost the Prince Harming a long, long time ago, and found my perfect Prince Charming.

She tells us the 3 kinds of relationships, only one of which will make us happy. Relationships of pleasure, relationships of utility, and relationships of shared virtue. It is so true that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before finding a prince. I used to have warts on my lips...loved those bad boys.

I have now been with my Prince for 34 years, and whew, I am so lucky.

This is a perfect book for girls starting to date seriously, and even those who have been dating a long time. Give it to your single friends, sisters, cousins, any gal that is still looking for love in all the wrong places.

I received this book from Kristel Kempin | Associate Publicist Langenscheidt Publishing Group Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I had to kiss one or two frogs before I found my prince - a mere novice at this game compared to you, we have been married 23 years. I was only 18, Hubby 20 and people said it wouldn't last but here we are 23 years on and still going strong. Thank goodness I didn't get to meet many Prince Harmings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write great reviews! Can I tempt you to contribute to www.bookdrum.com? There's $3,000 to be won...

    ReplyDelete