Sunday, January 01, 2012

Long Story Short-A New Year 2012

Happy New Year to all and I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Thank you to all of my faithful readers and to all the authors, and publishers who provided me with books this year!

Sad to say, the pneumonia has kicked my ass. The Dr. said to forget about Christmas (yeah right) but I think he was right. I am still not well. 

I am going to have to do something that is one of my biggest pet peeves, and post quite a few catch up posts.
Not right now, because the coughing is killing me.

I did not read 10 Steampunk books, only 9. So one challenge failed.
I did read 102 books and my goal was 100, so Yea! I actually succeeded at my 100 book challenge.

My favorite book of 2011 was Open Wounds by Joe Lunievicz. His story was original and his characters were wonderful!

I will be accepting fewer review books in 2012, and reading from my own shelves and using my local library. I am looking forward to reading some of the books I have chosen to purchase.

I will be posting some catch up reviews soon and hope I hear from you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon! Am surprised by how many of our fellow bloggers are resolving to accept fewer review copies in 2012. Nice to know that I'm not the only one who needs to catch up on her TBR piles!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pneumonia is a dirty fighter, so it's going to be a while before you feel like your ass is unkicked. xoxo Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pneumonia is winning

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read this, I hope you are soon feeling better though as I know from experience(my mother-in-law had pneumonia last year) this takes some getting over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honored to have had my book chosen by you as best of 2011! I'm sorry to hear about the pneumonia but I can't imagine a pneumonia that is stronger and tougher than you. Hang in there. Please send my best to J. and V. and all the best to each of you on your writing endeavors in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:30 PM

    Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such info much. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    Roy Benson Rbfh-302g Professional Flugelhorn

    ReplyDelete