Monday, February 27, 2012

Anything Goes-Lucy Moore







A biography of the Roaring Twenties is the sub title for this book, and what fun it is. I think I was born at the wrong time. I was fascinated by the stories and could not put it down!

Full of many short vignettes, about Hollywood scandals, the KKK, Sacco and Vanzetti, most of the important aspects of the 20's are covered.

The writing is fresh, and the chapters are thorough, with characters from Al Capone to Harry Crosby, the Algonquin round table to the Crash. This book hits on a decade that was both amazing and terrible.

Freedom in the form of Lucky Lindy's flight, flappers, movies and the assembly line brought some Americans to heights and distances they could never have imagined.

When it all came tumbling down, things changed quickly, but OH while it lasted, it looked like such fun! What a fun look at a time when so many of us wish we were there. I recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest interest in the 20's. It is funtastic!

I got this book from my local library.

1 comment: