Monday, April 09, 2007

Avoiding

I have been stalling all weekend. Avoiding reading, writing and everything else. I had a great week with the Man coming home for our anniversary. He brought good, no great, flowers, we had a super good dinner with wine and cake, then my mood went far south. I have been struggling for a long time against depression, taking medication, but nothing is working just yet. It started snowing Friday, skies dark, which matched my mood. Saturday, I felt worse than I had in years. I fell asleep on my chair and never did make it to my bed, confusing Jack the Dog. Poor thing didn't know whether to go upstairs or not.

While I am completely enjoying "The Collectors" by David Baldacci, I cannot seem to keep the storyline straight. This is NOT the authors fault, it is completely me. This has happened a few times in the past, and is terribly frustrating. I think I will set it aside unless this cloud improves quickly. The story involves both con men and book people, two of my favorite subjects. They intertwine in an obvious way, but it is an exciting story, with characters I do care about. It is the second book of "The Camel Club" and now I have to get the first one. I hate reading out of order, but it happens sometimes, and I am interested enough to get the first one.

I am haunted by the image of an empty cemetery from "The Lost" which probably was not the wisest choice of reading material when in a major depression. I have been reading wonderful, talented blogs, and am feeling very inadequate, lately. I am hoping it is the funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment