Monday, April 02, 2007

The Lost

"The Lost- A search for six in six million" by Daniel Mendelsohn was worth plugging through. It was a difficult read, and I had to stop several times. The true story of a man, searching for the truth about his lost family members, lost in the Holocaust, took him on trips as far away as Australia, Israel, Denmark, the Ukraine. His tenacity is incredible. I admire his inability to give up, and his luck in finding the answers he seeks. A very moving story and one we should always remember.

For a change of pace I started "A Man Without a Country" by Kurt Vonnegut. I needed to smile a little after the journey of "The Lost". So far, I'm getting the smiles.

The Man comes home Wednesday for our 32nd anniversary. Both Jack the Dog and I have missed him. The good news is, he's having a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment