Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Lonely

"The Secret Life of the Lonely Doll; The Search for Dare Wright" by Jean Nathan was a disturbing read. Not the writing and research, which were very well done, but the subject matter. Dare Wright, author of a series of children's books, lived a strange and extraordinary life. Jean Nathan brought this odd, heartbreaking life into my house. Dare, with unusual ties to her Mother, a portrait artist, was a sad lonely doll herself. I picked up "The Lonely Doll" children's book at the same time, and it made me so sad for her. It was a compelling book.

I got my first Harlequin, ever, from a friend, just to see what all the shouting is about. I know people who devour these lightweight books by the truckload. It will be a fast one, so will report in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment