Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lots and lots of reading...very little writing

Where to start? Have been doing lots of reading while on hiatus from life, with mixed results. I was on a good Dean Koontz jag, reading the "Odd" books, and loving them all. "The Husband" reminded me too much of "The Good Guy", which I liked much better, but he is such a good writer, that I can forgive a slight misstep. Love, love loved "The Thirteenth Tale" full of book references and a terrific story that grabbed me and held me tight all night!
"The Rape of Nanking" by the late Iris Chang, reminded me of how history is forgotten when governments are ashamed, and how brave artists can keep us informed and thinking.
My hands are still having an issue, even with my new keyboard, so this will be brief. I will catch up as soon as I can. I have so much to say!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:08 PM

    "The Husband" reminded me too much of "The Good Guy"

    I am so glad you said this. By the Light of the Moon's main character sounded like The Good Guy. I wasn't impressed at all.

    The Good Guy was a great read, but the rest...he needs to get more characters!

    ReplyDelete