Friday, November 16, 2007

No kids for Christmas

My heart is broken. My daughter and her family were supposed to come for Christmas. We have been planning for a full year, but due to financial setbacks, she is close to losing her house and they are not going to be able to come from Florida. I know my granddaughters are soooo disappointed, but I can't let them know how very disappointed I am. I feel selfish being so upset when they are losing their house, but as I age, I worry about time being short, not just for me but for all of us. We never have enough time...time to do the things we want, to be with the people we want to be with, time to read and absorb everything we want to learn......When my Dad was so terribly sick, all I could think about is time....make every minute count, live every day like there is no tomorrow, dance and sing, even if you don't know how, do what makes you smile. Maybe next year will be better...but damn! This sucks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment