Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Did not like it at all

Okay, maybe it was just this one, but Christian chicklit is not for me. It was one of those stories that you think is going to be fun and barrel right along, then, our heroine goes to church, or someone is praying for her and it all comes to a screeching halt. It was not gently inspiring, it didn't make me feel the least bit warm or fuzzy, and it certainly did not make me envy or admire the women's faith. It tried too hard and disappointed all round. Sigh.....

3 comments:

  1. Speaking as a Christian .. I abhor Christian chicklit. I've read 'The Trophy Wive's Club' as well and I absolutely detested it. I even gave some others a shot here and there and I've stopped reading the genre. Maybe some day I'll feel the need to come back to it, but I don't see that day coming anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I've got a couple of books by Kristen Billerbeck around here, somewhere. At least I didn't pay much for them. Maybe it's just that book? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a lot braver than I would be by attempting to read CCL at all!

    ReplyDelete