Thursday, February 14, 2008

Little Earthquakes

"Little Earthquakes" by Jennifer Weiner was a big surprise. I have read several of her "Chick" books of course and in some respects this is also a "Chick" book but on a much more mature level. The story revolves around the lives of several young women who meet in a prenatal yoga class, and become friends. A mysterious woman is watching one of the women, dropping little gifts into her bag when she is in the park. As the stories unfold, complications arise in the form of cheating husbands, horrible mothers in law, unemployment, and inconceivable loss. In the end, it shows how we all make choices and sacrifices in order to live our lives and care for our children. I really didn't expect to love this, but I did.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Hey I'd like to thank you for such a terrific quality forum!
    thought this is a perfect way to make my first post!

    Sincerely,
    Laurence Todd
    if you're ever bored check out my site!
    [url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/blues-clues-party-supplies.html]blues clues Party Supplies[/url].

    ReplyDelete