Thursday, February 07, 2008

Set Aside

Poor Ellen Burstyn...I set her aside for the time being, not that it is a bad book, I just feel so bad when I read of her struggles. I will get back to her soon.
I read "We are all fine here" by Mary Guterson and am in the middle of "Little Earthquakes" by Jennifer Weiner.
"We are all fine here" was quite interesting....imagine if you will, being married, still in love with your college sweetheart, and pregnant by one or the other. Yikes!! I have enough trouble keeping one man on the string, let alone two!
While her husband, Jim is lusting after a woman in his office, Julia attends a wedding with her college love, Ray, a beautiful but flighty man. When she ends up pregnant, she is not sure which is the father, and her 15 year old son, Chad, knows something is not right with the family. In some places, the book is hilarious, and in others, I was brought to tears. It was one of those stories, that makes you think, and really makes you feel. A keeper!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you liked "We Are All Fine Here" -- I want everyone to read it and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I loved We Are All Fine Here so much that I wrote to the author. She thanked me for "getting it".

    ReplyDelete