Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sushi for Beginners

Marion Keyes has written a frothy, sometimes funny book about high fashion in the land of woolies and sheep, Ireland. When a fashion mag editor, Lisa, from London gets promoted (?) to start up a new fashion magazine in Dublin, havoc reigns. She has a perfect assistant in "little miss fix-it" Ashling, the woman who always has band aids and floss in her bag (you know who you are) and an assortment of editors from various other magazines (Irish Knitting anyone?) all who don't have a clue what it takes to put out a high fashion magazine. The names were very odd to me and I had a little problem committing them to memory, Ashling, Clodagh.....ok, I am sure these are like Susie and Mary, here in the states, but geeze. I don't have any idea how to pronounce Clodagh. Romance, high jinx and success are the goals, and most of them are realized. It took a long time for me to read, for some reason, because it isn't that large a book, so maybe I didn't like it as well as I thought. I know I didn't like it as much as I expected to, it was just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment