Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mussels and Mooching

mussels Tomorrow I am having lunch with my book source, a very good friend who loves books, but often buys them and then does not read them. She passes them ALL on to me. It makes me feel guilty when I buy a new book, because I have stacks and stacks waiting to be read. I am going to a restaurant that I do not like, because they don't serve mussels for lunch, but I am in it for the loot. I will pay for overpriced pasta, noise and will enjoy conversation, salivating until I get to the books. I know for a fact she has the Barbara Walters book, and I am beyond excited to read it. While I keep books, my friend does not. She gets a stack and calls me for a meal. We have been friends for over 30 years, so you can just imagine how many books I have gotten from her. Still, when I go to the Tattered Cover bookstore or Arches Books, in Moab, something compels me to seek out books on my TBR list, check out new releases and inevitably leave with one or two or five.....

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that wild? I do that, too. I get tons of free books or cheap books (in our library basement, where you stack them up and measure, they only cost a quarter per stacked inch) but I still bought The Blood of Flowers, this weekend. I'm totally hopeless. I'm happy for you that you have a nice "source".

    ReplyDelete