Saturday, June 07, 2008

Home again,home again, jiggedy jig

Texas is was too big and way too hot! 105 degrees is just beyond me. I puddled and glowed til the cows came home. Louisiana was a little better but not nearly as bearable as our current 76 degrees. I guess it's all in what you get used to.  My Dad was great, in his 80's and still going to work every day. The Man did some plumbing work to get Dad's house into better working condition, and we ate like hogs. Not the cute little pot bellied pigs, mind you, but the great huge hogs you see lolling in the big mud puddles. Crawfish, catfish, BBQ ribs, roasts, and all the fixins. Man can my step mom cook!!!! We were able to stay in a trailer that was actually quite wonderful, but the light was not so good so did not get much reading done.

Watched 27 Dresses, PS I Love You, and Over Her Dead Body. Loved PS I Love You and 27 Dresses. Over Her Dead Body was just okay. I would love a singing Irishman in my life!

Did not have to drug Jack the dog, and he did really well. (he usually gets really car sick) Maybe he is getting used to riding in the car at last.

Learned quite a lot about how my car works. I have had it a year and finally figured out the GPS system. And the seats! 18 hours on the road is alot.

It is so good to be home!

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back, but you made me jealous about the food...

    ReplyDelete