Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am feeling sad

I'm not sure if it is leaving my Dad's house again, the weather, my weight, my illness, or what, but after reading a wonderful post at http://livingaquotablelife.blogspot.com/ about touch, I just want to weep. Beth writes about missing touch, and I feel the same way. I have been married for a very long time, and maybe we are complacent, but when thinking about how often I am touched (not in a sexy way, read Beth's post) I found that the answer is not very darned often. How often do we touch a friend, another person, that gentle hand, warm and loving? A hand on the arm when talking, a hug, even a pat on the head means you are cared for. When I left my Dad, we hugged so hard and so long, that it felt like neither of us would ever let go. There were many tears involved, of course, but the hug felt so loving, so warm, and so very welcome. Have you touched anyone today? Here's a hug, just in case you need a quick touch ((()))!

3 comments:

  1. Let me hug you as well ((joemmama)). I know it isn't the same. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels wonderful!!!!! Thank you my friends!!!!

    ReplyDelete