Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Puddles

Reading “Swan” by Frances Mayes, and although it is not grabbing me as much as “Under the Tuscan Sun”, I will persevere. I hate giving up on a book although I have, I am sometimes just not in the mood. I almost always go back and finish every book I start. Do you think we read in waves? I seem to. Biographies, then a wave of horror, in comes a wave of chick lit, then the tide goes out and sometimes I cannot read anything deeper than a puddle, if at all. I hate the times I cannot read. I feel sad and empty, but I just can’t seem to get into anything. Luckily, it doesn’t happen very often. Do you ever find yourself unable to read?

4 comments:

  1. oh,so true.And I agree it always makes me feel so empty.I am going thru a strange phase at the moment.Am still reading but am so desperzate to get hold of an earth shattering book.Oh well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Occasionally, I get into a finicky reading mode. I'm always pleased when it passes. So uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there. Right now. It's a wasteland out here. But, for the life of me, I can't get through a book. It's not that they aren't interesting. I've picked up some fascinating choices. I just can't read at the moment. I can't seem to write or blog either. Have I tired of words?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvette-I hear ya!
    Bybee- Welcome back! It is uncomfortable
    Beth-Never! Your words are little golden nuggets!

    ReplyDelete