Monday, August 17, 2009

Dancing with Ana-by Nicole Barker


A guest post from my Granddaughter, Vamp~Child (11)

A book of love and an anorexic teen, that teaches that we shouldn’t be ashamed of our bodies. It started out with four friends wanting to drop a few pounds, but turns chaotic when it makes them weak and unhealthy, which results in everyone but Beth to quit on their diet, while at the same time making Beth anorexic, because it seemed that it was the only thing she could control after her parents get divorced. But the care and love of her friends and family saves her. I would recommend this book to anyone who is uncomfortable about their body or has an eating disorder.

Vamp~Child


Adding my two cents worth-

I whole heartedly agree with Vamp~Child's review. I would like to add just a couple of thoughts. The voices in the book were so authentic, I felt like I was eavesdropping on real conversations. This is a terrific YA novel! I would recommend it for any tween or teen, facing an eating disorder or not. It is the love and friendship that saves us all.

Vamp~Child is going to use this for a class project.( I think the most telling thing is that she asked me if she could keep the book! )

We received this book from the author. Thanks Nicole!

1 comment:

  1. Great review Vamp-Child...this sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete