Saturday, March 27, 2010

Challenges

I see so many challenges going on and I am jealous of the folks that find the time to organize and participate in them.

I guess I don't play well with others.

The only thing I have ever gotten involved with is Dewey's Read-a-Thon. It was a fun 24 hours, but also a little disappointing, because I was so busy reading, I couldn't get involved with the side challenges.

Sometimes I think I just don't want to make reading a chore, something that I have to do. Lately I have been getting so many books, from publishers (which I love and appreciate), from the library (ideas from other bloggers), and of course books for Big Red. When I start to feel overwhelmed, I just remember how blessed I am to have found the blogs I follow, the people I have met, and all the terrific books I would have missed, had it not been for someone sending it along, or writing about it.

So to everyone who publishes, writes about and reads books, THANKS A MILLION!!

3 comments:

  1. I never join challenges. I have enough I *have* to do- who needs more? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never say never. I'm now onto my second, the first I joined just so I could say I'd 'been there, done that' - the second because I felt myself lacking in the number of British author's I'd read and this seemed a fun way to put that right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it hard to balance reading, blogging and participating in challenges during the Readathon.

    ReplyDelete