Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Confession is good for the Soul


I confess, I am not a morning person. I do not rise and shine...I rise and thud. There is no amount of coffee that can make me a morning person. I am a creature of the night. No, I am not a vampire, I just love the dark. Getting up at 6 A.M. to get the grandkids off to school is probably the toughest thing I have ever done. When you have insomnia and do't fall asleep until just before the dawn, it makes for a short night. Can you say GRUMPY?

I think there is some correlation between my dark loving self and my Christmas not loving self. My next confession is that I am not a Christmas person. I probably have not been since I was 9 or 10. I hate decorating, shopping and wrapping. It just bugs me to try and find the perfect gift that is not too much and not too little. It is enough to make me nuttier than I already am.

With the girls here for the first time, of course I am putting on my happy face, decorating the house and hitting the online shops. Thank God for the Internet! I ordered gifts and trucks are arriving daily. The Girls spend hours sitting under the tree, softly singing carols, and I am hoping to get some Christmas Spirit before it is too late.

I picked up a DVD of my MRI and the written report today at the hospital. The office lady asked if I needed a seat. I was drenched with sweat, out of breath and just out of gas. I read the report, but I am afraid to look at the DVD because I probably won't know where to look. Severe Spinal Stenosis of the cervical spine is the latest diagnosis. Crap!! I really needed another problem to make my life complete. (whine, whine, cheese)

I am getting some reading done but not enough writing. I will try to do better, because I know someone is out there!

Off to take some pain medication and will follow up on some good books I have read soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment