Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sigh...

I must confess, I loved "Eat, Pray, Love". It was fresh and a wonderful trip. (I still travel through books) I caught the DVD over the weekend, but I thought it was disappointing. Still I was interested in Elizabeth Gilbert and her last relationship in the book, so I downloaded it from the library and started reading.

Whining about failure and how resistant to marriage she was got really old, really fast Reading about Gilberts love story was what I was after, a dry history of marriage and how unsure she was to commit is what I got. I have been married for over 35 years and I do not need advice or a history lesson. I have my own history!

I really wanted to hear more about her romance with "Felipe" She did write about their struggles with immigration, and what seemed like a little about their travels while waiting for his approval, but I longed for the more personal touch she used so deftly in "Eat,Pray,Love".
Needless to say, I found this book whiny and somewhat boring. Maybe she will find her personal voice again. I hope so.

This was a download from the Library.


No comments:

Post a Comment