Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fabulous Faces-Peter A. Adamson M.D.

Not so much.....I should have read the description a little better. This is a book for people who want to have plastic surgery. On their faces, duh.  I had a really hard time with this book. It wasn't the writing, which was fine, it was the subject matter. The more I got into it, the more I got the willies.

It was exactly what it was supposed to be, a guide for someone looking to have facial surgery. It talks about what to look for in a Doctor, what different fillers do, and offers testimonials from very satisfied people, who were unhappy with their looks.

 I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. The fact that everyone can afford it, (not) that so many people are hating their faces, was just a huge turn off for me. I think of my mothers face, soft as silk, wrinkled (each one earned), of Georgia O'Keefe, how different she would have looked with a face lift, the beauty of an older face, and I weep for our youth obsessed culture. I am far from beautiful, but I earned this face, and I plan to keep it.

The small section about the good works done by plastic surgery (cleft palates,injuries, etc) was very good but it was far too short.

If you are planning to "fix" something you hate about your face, then this is the book for you. It was not the book for me.

I received this book from The Cadence Group for review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment