Monday, March 23, 2015

Still Alice-Lisa Genova

stillaliceHeartbreaking, very well written, and a very good read, “Still Alice” follows the sad journey into Alzheimer's disease.

Alice Howland, a Harvard professor in linguistics, having raised three children, finds herself forgetting things and getting lost in  her own neighborhood. At 50, she thinks it is just preoccupation and normal aging.

When she gets the diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's disease, her world changes forever. An insidious disease, wearing away at the mind, and leaving the body fairly unscathed, Alice, tries to make the best of her situation, hoping for the best, while trying to hold on to her rapidly diminishing memory.

This book really hit home with me, since I lost my mother in law, and her brothers to the disease. I know how the Man worries about it hitting him, as well. After watching my family members struggle, I can only hope that a cure is in our future.

I recommend this book, for its heart, and the lovely way it handles a terrible situation.

I bought this book at my beloved Tattered Cover Bookstore.

http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54493-49-4754DEE4EC8C17EE00F0C22E4F13D5AD

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment