Thursday, January 11, 2007

Freezing and Snowy

The temperatures are falling quickly and the snow has started again. We had over 50 inches in 3 weeks and it is starting all over again. They haven't cleared the snow from the last storms so I guess I will have to have my van's alignment done in the spring. It is another excuse to sit under a warm, cozy blanket with a book. Any excuse to read is a good one. It is too warm to move, pick up a book, it is raining, pick up a book...excuses not to dust or vacuum. I would rather read than eat, but eating while reading is always a good plan. By now you may have guessed that I am a little overweight?! Could there be an exercise that I can do while reading and eating? Perhaps a side table attached to my exercise bike? I do have a book rack on the handlebars, but they are too far away for me to see clearly.

The cold gray days of winter usually make me feel mildly depressed, so I try to avoid reading weighty tomes with overly serious subjects. The light fluffy "chick lit"or a good mystery is the perfect thing to read while the snow falls. My plan for 2007 is to reread some of the classic lit of my long gone youth. I also have my bi-annual reading of Atlas Shrugged planned for the spring.

I read Little Town Lies by Anne Strieber today. It was a little draggy but a fair mystery. Small town Texas is a lot like small town Louisiana, where I spend a lot of time. Everyone knows everyone's business, but no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors. My suburb is similar. Everyone seems to know about other peoples business, but it is never the whole picture. One must be careful when looking into windows; someone may be looking into yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment