Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Good News

The good news is Dad is feeling so much better. 18 months ago they gave him 6 weeks to live and he is still with us today, feeling so much better since the chemo ended. The 120 mile round trip to Shreveport was very hard on him, but he is back to working for his"pocket money", and sounded very strong on the phone today. The bad news is they did a CAT scan today and we have to wait until Thursday for results on what is going on inside.

When I heard he was going to have major chemo, most times taking up to 8 hours, I immediately got on Amazon and started looking for books for him to read. Sad to say, I mainly looked for his favorite genre, military thrillers, but the main criteria was that they were "fat" books, so he wouldn't run out of reading material in the middle of a session. Fortunately, my choices were right on target. I found some series stories, of spies, secrets, sex and car chases, as well as some single, stand alone stories. I have to say, I was amazed at the number of multi-book series out there, that I had never even heard of, let alone read. I followed Ludlum through all of his books when I was younger, le Carre, Tom Clancy, Ian Fleming, all the "big boys". I discovered David Morrell, James Rollins, and Raymond Duncan had some wonderful books for Dad. I look forward to reading some of them when he is finished with them. He has really enjoyed the books, and he has great taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment