Thursday, March 22, 2007

Reading alone

With my dear one in Palm Springs at a fancy resort, I don't have to worry about cooking, so I am reading.

"A Game of Proof" is a British thriller, and at times I feel as if I could use a translation guide since I normally do not read modern British thrillers. Many of the initials and references, I sort of gloss over and usually can figure out what they mean. A female barrister's son is accused of murder. Did he or didn't he? All clues point to him, and she has to be a barrister or a mother. The ride is in the choices she makes.

"The Lost" is an amazing journey, a detective story of sorts, as a young man searches for information on his family members, lost in the Holocaust. I will be writing more on this book next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment