Thursday, January 31, 2008

Still Struggling

I'm not sure why, but the Ellen Burstyn book is going very slowly. I think it may be that some of it is very hard to read, and some of her choices are really questionable to me. I am still plugging away, and hope to finish this week. In the meantime, I have started "We Are all Fine Here" by Mary Guterson. A funny thing about this...I got a gift card to Borders for Christmas, and since I had never been, decided to go on Sunday. Needless to say, I was greatly disappointed. I am used to an indy bookstore called The Tattered Cover, full of books and knowledgeable people, basically people who love books as much as I do. I found Borders full of coffeeshop, music, dvd's, and so few books, I thought there was another store around somewhere that I was missing. I asked for assistance and got the usual blank stare that oft comes with that "duh" sound. I am asking for only Tattered Cover gift cards from now on. I get enough "duh" at home.

3 comments:

  1. I love The Tattered Cover. You're so lucky to live within 1000 miles of it. I'd drive there, now and then, if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM lucky. They opened a branch 6 blocks from my house...so I am moving in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of The Tattered Cover, but somehow feel as if I belong there. Of course, where I'm really needed is at Borders, where I'll never give a blank stare or utter "duh".

    ReplyDelete