Friday, May 16, 2008

Blogging

I have been reading about how to attract people to your blog, and I think it is interesting how many blogs I read that are similar to mine. I thought I was a bad blogger, perhaps not interesting enough, nothing to say, not saying it well, but maybe it is the fact that there are so many blogs, no one can read them all. Believe me, I've tried. I have so many blogs in my bookmarks, that I get eyestrain from trying to read them all. And I love them all! I am faithful to about 40 blogs, that I try to get to every day. I don't always comment, but I read. I have a small group of faithful readers, you know who you are, and I love you! I wish I had a larger group of folks, hanging on my every word, reading my nonsense, and stopping by just to say "Hi". Maybe it is just a dream, but I would like to expand my readership. Maybe it is just delusions of grandeur. Maybe I just need to get out more..

3 comments:

  1. You know, I have no idea what exactly draws people to one blog over another. It's really kind of fascinating, isn't it? I will tell you that my readership jumped when I hosted a challenge. If you want to bump up the number of visitors, you might try to think of a unique reading challenge to host. I'm backing away from reading challenges, but a lot of people are absolutely addicted to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with bookfool...I'm too lazy myself to host a challenge, but they do seem popular. Also, book giveaways seem to draw greedy b-worms such as myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely a lazy girl! But I might try a giveaway or challenge. I'll think about it after my nap..lol. I was just having a whiny day...must be the weather.

    ReplyDelete