Thursday, May 22, 2008

Revenge and Southern Ladies

Revenge of the Kudzu Debutantes by Cathy Holton was one funny book. What is it about "Southern" ladies that makes their stories so much richer and funnier? Maybe part of it is the fact that they have so many traditions that are foreign to us "Northerners". It seems, that in newer states, such as Colorado, we just don't have the same sense of what is the correct thing to do, we just do it! I like the funny way they have of handling problems, such as rotten scheming husbands, and taking care of the local mean women that seem to invade every town in the south. While I am sure we have the same mean women, I guess I don't run in their circles. Maybe if I had a rich husband or an antebellum mansion, I would run with that crowd and have to take my own revenge. As it is, I just hide out in my house and read about them. Whew! Maybe I am lucky after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment