Monday, May 12, 2008

Stiff

Who knew that necrophilia is not illegal in all states? You can learn all kinds of interesting things about corpses in "Stiff" by Mary Roach. Customs and different uses for dead bodies may not be for everyone, but when my son read this one, he decided he wanted to be a crash test dummy. Hey, we all have to go sometime, and if we can help someone else when we are gone, then more power to us! And we might as well go with a bang! Roach explains grave robbing, the respect given to cadavers by some med schools, and tons more. I found it fascinating, sometimes funny and very respectful. Not for the queasy, but a real education in the business of what can happen after death.

2 comments:

  1. Ewww, yuck. I'm "the queasy", so I'll skip this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Stiff and wouldn't mind rereading it!

    ReplyDelete