Friday, October 15, 2010

Stretch-The Unlikely Making of a Yoga Dude

With the best of intentions, I found myself sick as a dog, after the Readathon. Coughing, sneezing, the whole enchilada! I so badly wanted to be timely with my reviews, but life got in the way. All I wanted to do was sleep, of course, and that I did. I am feeling a little better today but I am so far behind, it is scary.

On with my review-

Neal Pollack was a bad boy L.A. writer who was on a path of self destruction. Drinking too much, after a little success, spreading insults, generally misbehaving, he alienated his friends and colleagues. He was willing to try almost anything to get his life back on track. Enter Yoga-

Out of shape, and not really motivated yet, Neal struggled as he tried to master the positions. To his great surprise, he actually felt better. He took more and more classes, becoming rather fanatical about his new activity. (His family and friends were not sure where this was leading, but liked the kinder, gentler Neal.)

While I was reading in a Readathon, his story told of a Yogathon, which just cracked me up. I felt his pain!

Funny and touching, Neal writes about his success, and failures, as he finds himself wanting to become a Yoga instructor. (much to his wifes chagrin)

I really liked this story!! Neal Pollack is a terrific writer and funny as all get out.

I received this book from Erica at Harper Perennial for review. Thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment