Saturday, February 12, 2011

Non Serious Reading

In between all of the serious reading I have been doing, I found a book in the bargain bin (who can resist a book with a glossy cover for a dollar?) and grabbed it on the way to therapy.

"Queen Takes King" by Gigi Levangie Grazer is a fast, funny and glossy look at a big time divorce. When former ballerina, Cynthia Power sees a picture of her husband, Jackson Power, in the paper the day after their 25th wedding anniversary, with his girlfriend, TV personality, Lara Sizemore, she quietly goes ballistic and demands a divorce.

Let the games begin!

At first I felt bad, after all a dollar (?)....would the author get paid anything? Then I looked her up on the Google webs and discovered that she asked for $40,000 a month in child support from Brian Grazer in their divorce settlement......are you kidding me? My daughter gets $300 a month for 2 kids whenever he can...puleeze. I don't feel so bad now.

Back to the book...it is a name brand dropping, over the top, funride. One that I enjoyed very much. The games people play in a high profile divorce are fascinating, and though they have the same angst as regular people, it is on a much bigger scale. The players are so "bigger than life" and they have much more to lose. Property, reputation, huge egos, and everything that goes with living large is in this book.

If you want a fun, fluffy (?), maybe prickly is a better word, chick lit read, this one is for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment