Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Salon-Some Times I Feel Like A Nut


Jill Kargman has written a funny, ironic book that says what we think, but do not say. The essays cover everything from mice in her apartment to becoming a "Spinning" addict. Funny as hell, I think she is a very good writer. Dealing with the competetive "Momzillas" of Manhattan with 3 kids of her own to contend with, as well, she maintains her sense of humor and makes us laugh with her.

Kargman is afraid of vans and clowns (I can relate-thank you Stephen King). She writes about her va-jay jay, again I can relate, and just the everyday things that can make you nuts.

So whether you like your candy with nuts or just the coconut, I recommend this book. It is fun, ironic and irreverent. Enjoy!

I received this book from Library Thing Early Reviewers. Thank you!

Most of this weekend has been spent in bed with my knee messed up and resting on a pillow. I hate not going outside, since it is supposed to snow again this week. CRAP!! Time to make more appointments with therapy, I guess, though it looks like it is time for a knee replacement (on Both sides) YIKES!!!

I did read an interesting book "The Edge of Reason" by Melinda Snodgrass. I think I am stalling on review books, since nothing is really grabbing me right now. Sigh...reading slump? I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment