Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Leaves-Michael Baron

leaves
This was one of those books that I did not want to end. I read slowly, savoring each word. Filled with love, angst, family and a charming story, I loved it!
The “leaf peepers” come every year to view the changing of the seasons, staying in the Sugar Maple Inn, owned by the Gold family. For over 30 years, the Inn has hosted a Halloween Party, and the last party is being planned by the Gold children. The Inn has been sold and with the deaths of their parents, the children have decided to sell.
Deborah is the chef at the Inn and is weighing job offers. Corinna is micro managing the party plans. Tyler is a photographer, trying to make ends meet. Maria is suffering through empty nest syndrome, since her daughter went to college. Maxwell is a mover and shaker, considering politics. Some things come together, others fall apart.
The stories of each brother and sister make for good reading. Problems arise, as they do in real families, and success along with tragedy are handled deftly by Baron.
I drug my feet, not wanting to leave the changing colors, and the warmth of the story, only to discover that this is the first in a series! I cannot wait for the next installment, to rejoin my new found friends, and to see how they are getting along.
I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves a good family story, as well as a trip to the leaves. I think we all have a little “leaf peeper” in us.

I received this book from Allison at The Story Plant for review, and I apologize for the delay. Thank You!

blogger Tags:

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting! I will watch for it...Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete